Events in the City of Hornell and the Canisteo ValleyFor a VENDOR APPLICATION for 2017, CLICK HERE
*Please note dates are tentative and subject to change. If you have any questions regarding posted events or if you would like to submit events for consideration please contact the HPG office 607-324-9786. Also, see us on Facebook!
- April 17- May 15—CAREFIRST—“Petal Pushers” Many local businesses will be joining in with CAREFIRST to help support local hospice programs by being a "Petal Pusher" for Hospice this spring! Locally you may purchase plants from The Southside Tavern, Five Star Bank & Dr. Cosgrove’s office Join 100+ teachers, business owners, not for profits, healthcare professionals, restaurants, taverns, friends and neighbors who come together to sell 18,000 geraniums in the Southern Tier, netting over $25,000 for LOCAL hospice programs and services! Each plant costs $4.00. Assorted hanging baskets will be available for $20 each. This is one of our most fun and rewarding events and fundraisers. It is so easy to be a part of this project! Geraniums come in a multitude of colors from our friends at Schaefers Gardens, just in time for Memorial Day planting- and will continue to bloom through the fall. Delivery is May 22nd!
- April 19 - The Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Class will be held the third Wednesday of every month. The next class will be Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 8:00AM in the St James Mercy Hospital's Memorial Conference Room (ground floor off the cafeteria). CPR is an essential life-saving technique which is the only known method of keeping someone alive until medically necessary treatment can be administered to the victim. Knowledge of CPR does not only save lives, but also allows victim to recover without sustaining any permanent damage. The class is approximately 3 hours in duration and the cost is $55 which includes the certification card. For more information or to register contact Teri Symonds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 20 - The second edition of Name that Tune at Railhead. Hosted by John Lewis 9pm-10:30pm Bring your friends for an evening of fun and laughter.
- April 21 - Hornell City School District Student Government is hosting “A Grand Affair” a Senior Prom for our friends 60 and older. This is a free event for our community members 60 and older, all seniors must have a ticket (we need count for the dinner). Tickets are available through March 31 at the Hornell Senior High Main Office. Happening at the Hornell High School, dinner will be at 5:30, dancing from 7-9 with DC Entertainment.
- April 21 - Nick Gallicchio, live music at The Brute!
- April 22 - State Senator Tom O'Mara and Hornell Deputy Mayor John Buckley will be hosting a Town Hall at the Hornell VFW. The purpose of the Town Hall is to address the growing drug/opioid epidemic in our region. We will discuss what is being done on the state and local levels to combat the epidemic from a law enforcement standpoint as well as treatment for those who have fallen victim to drug use. Date: Saturday April 22 Time: 11am Location: Hornell VFW 245 Canisteo St The public is encouraged to attend and participate in the discussion.
- April 22—Wilkins RV—9am-3pm--Free Motorhome Driving Seminar NOTE: RSVP is absolutely required. You will be assigned a time slot for one-on-one lessons from one of our techs, so please call ASAP to reserve a time slot. Spaces fill VERY quickly for this seminar! Navigating a large motorhome safely and soundly on today's highways and byways can be an imposing task. It presents unique challenges and requires learned skills. Now, there's an event to help you get that experience. Our special learn to drive an RV seminar is designed to make you more confident, sure and safer on the road in your motorhome. In this informative one hour session, we will provide you with knowledge and training to help you travel confidently and safely to your next destination. Joins us to learn new secrets to motorhome driving and best of all, it's free! We will use motorhomes from our lot. Must present current proof of driver’s license. For more information, call toll free at 800-724-2105 ask for Tammy or Lisa. Bath & Rochester Locations
- April 22 - Faze-3 returns to do it's thing at "The Brute" which is a very cool Wine and Craft Beer Bar on Main St. in Hornell. 8pm-11pm
- April 22 - Trigger Happy will be performing at Codders Sports Bar! Come rock out with us! Guaranteed to have a great time! 9pm-1am
- April 23 - Watch “Wizard of Oz” at Spotlight of Hornell at 12:30pm. COST: Cash Donation. All proceeds are donated to St Ann’s Academy as this private group is ran by St Ann’s Parent Committee. Movies are open to ALL ages! This is a family friendly set of movies that we encourage the entire community to attend! Any questions, please contact Shelly Stevens via Facebook or text 6073249786 - To vote on our upcoming choices, find us at: Hornell Kids Movie Club on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KidsMovieClub/
- April 26 - Twin Hickory Golf Club -Ladies! Save the date!! The Twin Hickory Ladies Fun League will have a social meeting on Wednesday, April 26th at 6pm in the club house! It is a great league with weekly contests for lady golfers at all skill levels! You can golf Wed - Sun for the league and only have to play when you can (no need to get a sub - if you cannot make it a week, you just don't play). We also have end of the month captain and crew matches and an annual charity tournament. If interested, just come up on the 26th or contact Kim Sherburne at 382-2973 or message her on FB. Hope to see you there!!
- April 28 – The Brute—“Live With Ahren Henby” — Ahren will be performing from 8:-11pm..Always great music & wine at the Brute 99 Main St Hornell
- April 28 - Stone Clad at the Hornell Association
- April 30 - The Brute's 4th Blues Brunch will have music provided by Nate Jacobs and Adam Stack! You know the drill! Great southern-inspired breakfast with amazing blues music! 10am-2pm
- April 30 - Orpheus Chorale Presents 10th Anniversary Concert "Wrap Me In Song" Sunday April 30th at 4pm United Presbyterian Church Hornell NYWith special guests : Hornell Select Choir director Chris van Leeuwen, Dansville Chamber Singers director Anthony D'Agostino
- May 6-- Catholic Charities of Steuben--The community is invited to participate in the 8th Annual Steps To End Poverty walk-a-thon at the Center Street parking lot in Hornell. This one-mile walk aims both to raise awareness about poverty in Steuben County and to raise funds for Turning Point poverty services. Turning Point provides access to food pantries, utility assistance, housing assistance, bus transportation to connect people to services, and prescription assistance for non-narcotic necessary medications such as antibiotics, insulin, or respiratory inhalers. Turning Point also connects people in need to affordable health insurance that may cover prescriptions. For more information or to get involved, please visit CatholicCharitiesSteuben.org, or contact Paula Smith at 607-968-4107 or email@example.com.
- May 6 - Wildflower Arts & Crafts Festival 10am-4pm happening at 1 Steuben Sq, Hornell. 4th Annual Wildflower Arts & Crafts Festival - Saturday May 6, 10am-4pm Arts, Crafts, Vendors, and businesses alike will be onsite for a spring event! Location is the Steuben Trust Green lot (acre of grass in front of Steuben Trust). Free Admission Live Music: 11am-1pm - Copper Hounds 1pm-4pm JC & Outlaws We will be partnering with Chatholic Charaties of Steuben County this year as the location to sign up for their annual S.T.E.P Walk! Still accepting vendor applications, if interested please see application here: http://www.hornellhpg.com/2017VendorApplication.pdf
- May 6 - Jenkins Farm Market & Deli's first Spring Festival is happening Saturday May 6 from 11am until 3pm. This will be a fun-filled family day for the whole family! Stay tuned for more details as the event gets closer! 8637 ST Rt 36 Arkport 295-7722
- May 6 - Come out and join Acid Raindance for an intimate evening of acoustic music at the Railhead Brewing Company. They offer delicious brick oven pizzas and home-crafted brews, the perfect pairing for a night of music. The show on May, 6 is free to the public and will run from 8-10pm!
- May 12th- Southside Tavern- “Country Rain” ~ playing all your favorites from Country, Oldies, Classic Rock and your requests!! 8:00pm- 11:00pm. Stop in for great music & cocktails!
- May 13th - Southside Tavern- “Fritz Henry”—One of the Southside’s Favorites! The music of Fritz Henry is a unique blend of folk, pop, country and rock that truly captures the "return to basics" style attracting audiences of the New Millennium. With vocals rich and varied, Fritz accompanies himself with 12-string guitar and harmonica delighting his listeners with rhythm, repertoire and range. Always a great time! 7:00pm-10:00pm
- May 14 - Sunday, May 14th~~CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY~ Southside Tavern~ Food provided by J & J Bar-B-Que & Sausage Co. 2:00~7:00pm…
- May 18/19 - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Auditions Audition Dates are as follows: Age 16 to Adult May 18 & 19 at 6:00pm Age 7 to 15 May 21 at 3:00pm Hornell High School Room 152 What's expected at the audition: 1) Short music selection that highlights the range of your voice. No a Capella singing. An accompanist will be provided. 2) You will also be asked to dance (move to music). 3) As there is no dialogue in the show a reading will not be necessary. 4) Choose 1 audition date. Questions? Post them here OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 19-21 - Hornell YMCA Red Cross Lifeguarding Class will be taught May 19-21.
- May 20 - The Healthy Kids Day at the Kids Quarter Miler is scheduled for May 20th
- May 21 - Watch “Toy Story” at Spotlight of Hornell at 12:30pm. COST: Cash Donation. All proceeds are donated to St Ann’s Academy as this private group is ran by St Ann’s Parent Committee. Movies are open to ALL ages! This is a family friendly set of movies that we encourage the entire community to attend! To find us at: Hornell Kids Movie Club on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KidsMovieClub/
- May 21 - Come see the 40 Almond Area Hometown Heroes Banners that will be adorning Almond streets for Memorial Day. Viewing is from 1pm-3pm at the Almond Community Building
- May 29 - Memorial Day parade hosted by the Hornell American Legion will start at 9:30am, from the east end of main st, ending at the broadway mall for the service.
- June 1st-3rd - Join Canisteo Crazee Daze this year!! We have expanded and are bringing you more events! Thursday June 1st we start with vendors in the park at 11am, Parade at 6pm and a Wine Tasting at Outback Liquor & Wines from 5-8pm for a $5 donation benefitting the Canisteo Police Club!! Vendors to include J & J Bar-B-Que and Sausage Co., Main Attraction, Canisteo Rotary Club, Friday vendors will be in the park again from 11am til dusk. On Friday at 7pm there will be a bike raffle at Annie's Restaurant with 1 girl bike and 1 boy bike donated by Annie's and The Hartman Agency! Tickets for this raffle may be purchased at either location! Saturday morning will be The 2nd Annual Crazy Run Fundraiser at 9am and the Badgemen at The Nikk L Brew from 7pm-11pm!! More details to follow as more events are confirmed!! Please help us make this the best Crazee Daze and welcome Canisteo's newest businesses!!!
- June 3 - 2nd Annual Crazy Run Fundraiser - It's that time of year again!!! Outback Liquor & Wines and J&J BBQ and Sausage Co. will be sponsoring a 5K walk/run and a 10K run to benefit the Canisteo Police Club! Event is 9am-Noon. We will be selling $10 tickets for pulled pork dinners to be picked up the day of the event at 11am at Outback. Additional food will be available the day of until they are sold out. The race will be $20 to register anytime before the day of the event and $25 the morning of! Age groups are as follows 17 & under, 18-25, 26-39, 40-59, 60-79. The first 100 registrants will receive a run t shirt! Help us raise money for the police club while having some fun!! As always we are looking for volunteers and sponsors for this event!! Thanks in advance to all!!
- June 3/4 - Miss Lisa's Artistry of Dance "The Best of Broadway", 14th Annual Dance Recital. Children's shows Saturday and Sunday June 3 and June 4 at Noon; Teen/Adult Shows Saturday and Sunday June 3 and 4 at 5:00 pm. Our theme this year is Broadway Music!!! Come see dancers perform many different styles of dance to great selections of the best Broadway hits. Admission is $8 per person. Pre sale tickets go on sale May 9th at the dance studio. You may also purchase tickets at the doors. Come support our beautiful dancers!!!
- June 9th-11th - Dancin' On Edge Dance Studio Recital
- June 10 - Rotary Community Blood Screening Program at St James Mercy Hospital. Saturday June 10, 6am-10am at St James Mercy Hospital. For more information or to make an appointment call (Number TBA) 9am-Noon or 5pm-7pm Monday-Friday beginning May TBA *Screenings are open to uninsured/underinsured, and anyone over 18 years of age. This is an inexpensive way for community members with high-deductible health care plans to monitor their health.
- June 10 - Hornell Area Humane Society Cause 4 Paws - Join us for our Annual Cause 4 Paws Event, a Celebration of Pets! The event starts at 10 am with the Blessing of the Animals, please bring your pet for this unique opportunity to have them blessed. From there we will have a pet parade, (costumes are encouraged and rewarded!) and then start the activities. We will be having contests and games for your pooch, other area rescues and shelters will be joing us, activities for children, educational opportunities, vendors, doggy kissing booth, photo booth, great food and so much more!
- June 14 - Flag Day, June 14, at 7 pm, the Hornell Legion, AMVETS, VFW, & Elks will hold the annual Flag Burning/disposal ceremony on the Broadway Mall. You can bring your unservicable flags to the ceremony.
- June 17/18 - Miss Sam's Dance Centre' of Performing Arts Anything Goes Recital 2017. Tickets will be available at the door. Location Hornell High School at 2pm. $7 presale, $8 at door
- June 24 - HPG Chalk A Mile Event AND Community Day Farmers' Market - 10am - 3pm @ Broadway Mall Park Farmers' Market, Live Music: TBA
- July 4 - 4th of July Celebration, Tuesday: HPG and the City of Hornell will be hosting the parade July 4, Noon on Main St. for July 4th. Festivities at Veterans Memorial Park, At James Street. For vendor application CLICK HERE
Vendors all day.
Pool open 11a-5p.
Car Show 1pm-4pm. For car show application CLICK HERE
Music: TBA, 6pm-10pm VENDETTA
Bounce Houses, Rockwall, Knockerball TBA, tickets will be for sale for rides
Hornell Dodgers Game from 1pm-3pm
City Fireworks sponsored by City Hall & Maple City Dodge will start at Dusk (around 10pm).
(Parade applicants, please use Vendor application) For a VENDOR APPLICATION for 2017, CLICK HERE
- July 14/15 - Hornell City Wide Yard Sales
- July 17 - MSDC Beach Party Summer Dance 2017 Session 1-July 17-21st - Classes for ages 3 and up! Beach Baby, Pineapple Princess, Summer Sizzlers, and Luau Ladies! Find your favorite dance style! Crafts, prop dancing, Beach Party dance games!! All in a decorated beach atmosphere! All info/ registration can be found at Hornelldance.com
- July 22 - Community Day Farmers' Market - 10am - 3pm @ Broadway Mall Park Farmers' Market, MUSIC: TBA
- July 29/30 - Hornell YMCA's Gus Macker Tournament - Main St and Broad way closed for tournament set up
- Aug 5 - 4th Annual MONARCH FESTIVAL w/Community Day Farmers' Market - 10am - 3pm Special events to educate and celebrate butterflies @ Broadway Mall Park w/ Farmers Market. MUSIC: TBA
- Aug 14 - MSDC Beach Party Summer Dance 2017 Session 2- August 14-18th Classes for ages 3 and up! Beach Baby, Pineapple Princess, Summer Sizzlers, and Luau Ladies! Find your favorite dance style! Crafts, prop dancing, Beach Party dance games!! All in a decorated beach atmosphere! All info/ registration can be found at Hornelldance.com
- Aug 18/19 - The Sons of Ireland Division of the AOH have scheduled their 11th annual Hornell Irish Fest on Friday and Saturday August 18 & 19. Gates open at 5:30 both nights for Irish music, fun and fare. Stay tuned for more information.
- Sept 10 - Hornell Rotary presents: FAMILY FUN DAY! Sunday, September 10th, 1pm-4pm, James St Park, Hornell, Pavillion 4, FREE FOR THE FAMILY AND LOTS TO DO! DETAILED INFORMATION TO BE ANNOUNCED **Completely FREE and open to the public
- Sept 11 - We Remember
- Sept 17 - Watch “The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe ” at Spotlight of Hornell at 12:30pm. COST: Cash Donation. All proceeds are donated to St Ann’s Academy as this private group is ran by St Ann’s Parent Committee. Movies are open to ALL ages! This is a family friendly set of movies that we encourage the entire community to attend!
- Oct 13 - THE Hornell Area Humane Society BLACK CAT EVENT IS HAHS's OPPORTUNITY TO RECOGNIZE PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES IN THE COMMUNITY WHOSE EFFORTS HAVE BEEN INSTRUMENTAL IN HELPING OUR SHELTER ANIMALS.THIS IS A FUN-FILLED EVENT WITH RAFFLES, MUSIC, FOOD AND GOOD COMPANY! This year's event will be held at the Main Place from 6pm-11pm - TICKETS ARE $25 Tickets are in limited supply and will sell out fast!
- Oct 26 - Halloween Parade hosted by the Hornell American Legion marches off at 7 pm. Gathering starts at 6:30 pm in the front of the Steuben Trust parking lot on Seneca St. The HHS marching band will lead the kids up Seneca St. at 7 pm. to the Hornell High school A gym. Snacks and awards will be given out at the end.
- Oct 31 - Hornell City Wide Trick or Treat 6pm-8pm
- Hornell Area Humane Society Annual Basket Auction and Holiday Vendor Fair - Oct 30 - Nov 4, 2017 - It is time for our Annual Basket Auction with over 100 themed baskets and Holiday Vendor Fair to start some early Christmas shopping.
- 2017 Veterans Day Field of Honor - St. Ann’s Academy, located in Hornell, is proud to host the fifth annual Field of Honor flag event paying tribute to our veterans and service men and women with a moving display of American flags. This amazing patriotic display will consist of hundreds of American flags flying atop 8-foot poles on a field of green located at One Steuben Square
- Nov 23 - 23RD ANNUAL HORNELL AREA FAMILY YMCA 5K TURKEY TROT RUN AND WALK START TIME: 9:00am Fun Run, 9:30am Runners & Walkers ENTRY FEE: Register online at RunSignUp.com $20.00 before 11/26/2015, $25.00 Day of Race, Fun Run $5.00 (age 10 and under) Checks payable to: Hornell YMCA T-Shirts to all registered by November 7th The next 300 registered after 11/8 receive a long sleeved race shirt. (Except Fun runners) Race packets can be picked up Wednesday 11/25 at the Hornell YMCA from 6-8pm
- Dec 1 - Last day to enter Whoville/Holiday Aglow Decorating Contest. More information TBA
- Dec 1 - WHOVILLE KICK OFF - Holiday Aglow ARTS AND CRAFTS show will be on Main St this year! Vendors will line the streets Friday Dec 2 from 3pm-8pm, Free HORSE AND WAGON RIDES: Friday Dec 2nd 4pm-8p, Hornell’s Holiday Aglow PARADE will be Friday December 2nd at 6pm. Line up is 5:30 at the Center St parking lot in front of the YMCA. We encourage businesses, non-profits, and community members to participate in the parade. The TREE LIGHTING, of the Christmas tree and Santa Land opening happens following the parade. **New this year, following the Christmas parade (6pm on Friday Dec 2) we will light the Christmas tree and then start a new tradition with DJ TRUTH by gathering around the tree in a circle, holding hands, and sing Welcome Christmas (from the original Grinch Who Stole Christmas).
- Dec 1 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Fri. Dec 2 6pm-8pm
- Hornell Area Humane Society Christmas Party for the Animals - December 2, 2017 - We would like to cordially invite you to our Annual Christmas Party for the Animals! Please join us on December 3 for an open house and refreshments! Not every pet has a home at Christmas time and we want to make sure they have a great Christmas while they await there forever home! Please see our new wish list that reflects the kennel enrichement program we now have in place for our animals.
- Dec 2 - WHOVILLE KICK OFF PT 2 - Holiday Aglow ARTS AND CRAFTS show will be on Main St this year! Vendors will line the streets Saturday Dec 3 from 10am-3pm, Free HORSE AND WAGON RIDES: Saturday Dec 3rd 11am-2pm, SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Sat. Dec 3 11am-3pm
- Dec 2 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Sat. Dec 3 11am-2pm
- Dec 2 - 2nd Annual Whoville 5K - This event is a 5K Run/Walk to be held in Hornell, NY on Saturday, Dec 3rd at 7pm. This year's Business District holiday theme is Whoville… think Dr. Seuss and the Grinch. Designed to be fun holiday event, participants are encouraged to dress up in your favorite Whoville character, wear jingle bells on your sneakers, and Santa hats on your head. Enjoy the lights and Whoville displays of downtown merchants and residents as you tour downtown Hornell.
- Dec 13 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Wed Dec 13 6pm-8pm
- Dec 16 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Sat Dec 16 11am-3pm
- Dec 19 - SANTA LAND HOURS (Located at Community Care on Main St, Hornell) is open Tues Dec 19 6pm-8pm
*Please note dates are tentative and subject to change. If you have any questions regarding posted events or if you would like to submit events for consideration please contact the HPG office 607-324-9786